WERA is an association of major national, regional, and international specialty research associations dedicated to advancing education research through an international lens.
WERA undertakes initiatives that are global in nature and thus transcend what any one association can accomplish in its own country, region, or area of specialization. Member associations work together to perform the following functions:
Associations seeking membership to WERA must provide the following:
- A formal resolution seeking membership in WERA by the governing body of an association
- A brief statement of the reasons for seeking membership in WERA
- A statement of the commitment to the mission and purposes of the WERA
- A copy of the association constitution or bylaws, especially indicating that the association is a non-profit research association
- A statement of commitment to payment of dues
- A statement of how representatives to WERA Council would be appointed and for what length of service officers would serve.
For additional information on how to join WERA as an association, please contact email@example.com.
Member associations include education research associations from countries around the world, including: Brazil, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Pakistan, Peru, Scotland, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, and the United States of America. Two regional associations, the European Educational Research Associations, and the European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction, are also members of WERA. Please click here for Association's 2017 Meetings and Journal Information.
To learn more about each of WERA's member associations, click on the tab of the association which you wish to view.